Sunday, August 29, 2010

Training: 201

Do I dare say that we have a potty trained little girl?!

I think to say that she is completely potty trained is a bit premature. But...we have made great strides this weekend ("she's" actually the one making great strides...but this is definitely a family effort- potty training takes a lot of time and patience from the parents, no doubt).

The last time I wrote, I was a bit discouraged. And now, I laugh at myself because once again, like many stages throughout parenthood, I find myself looking back and realizing that what I thought was going to last forever, only lasted three (fast) weeks. :) And by now I'm sure you've guessed that I didn't give up after that first night. However, I did change my approach. And instead of going straight to panties, we started with good ole' pull-ups!

I'm sure that you working moms can attest to the fact that children behave much differently for their babysitters, right?! I don't quite understand why they do this...but Rylie is proof that they do. According to "nana", Rylie hasn't had one accident since the first day I dropped her off wearing only her pull-ups. But for three weeks, I could not get her to "go" consistently at home. And to be honest, for the first week...I couldn't get her to "go" at all in the potty. But, persistent we became. And although she continued to have accidents...we continued to take her potty chair everywhere!

And now, I proudly declare that she has not had a single accident (during the day, anyway) all weekend long. And this is huge...considering we spent four hours at the zoo yesterday!!

...and if you want to witness two very mature adults going crazy over poop in the potty...come visit our house!! :)

Great job, Rylie!!

Your daddy and I are so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment