Friday, August 13, 2010

~The Birthday Girl~

Last Thursday came and went and now, I'm another year older. And I must say that turning 27 was so much fun! Text messages galore. Cards. Flowers. A birthday wish from a dear friend reminding me of a joyful childhood memory (think pretend grocery store complete with hand-made food and cash registers). Hobby lobby gift card. Shopping money. Sweet tea. Fruit pizza.

But my husband was especially good to me this year. After a steak dinner at home, I was given a homemade card that included a personalized message and two tickets that completed what would later become our Saturday night date. We enjoyed a chocolate cake fresh from La Bagette. And then I was handed this...

...a Pandora charm bracelet. :) Love it. He started me off with a dog charm (representing Griff, of course), a baby booty, a heart charm, one that represents love, faith and peace, and a good friend bought me an angel charm. So...if you're ever trying to decide what you want to buy me...I still have a lot of bracelet to fill- he, he! :)

That following Saturday, Brian treated me to an adult-only dinner at Charleston's Steak House (we couldn't remember what that was like...but I must say that not having to worry about Rylie throwing food on the floor and trying to stand up in her high-chair was a nice treat). Then, he took me to the Warren where we watched the movie, Inception, from the balcony...my idea of the "perfect" date!

I don't know if Brian realizes this or not...but he set the bar pretty high for next year. :) Can't wait to see how he clears it.

Here's to another year...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Late Birthday!!!! Mine is in 2 weeks. Woo HOO!!!I love love your bracelet. I am not sure what to tell my hubby to get me?? Any ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you haven't abandoned your blog!
    It's been great following your baby's earliest years & seeing how you've grown as a mother & a family.
    For being so young, you seem to be quite wise.

    I hope to see more postings from you soon,
    ~an avid follower~

    ReplyDelete