Thursday, March 10, 2011

Big-Girl Bed.

Several months ago, Rylie climbed out of her crib during nap time. Thankfully, she didn't get hurt. But I was certain that she would attempt to climb out at bedtime, too. I figured that the days of crib-confinement were over. And we would wake to find a cold, bedheaded baby curled up in the corner of her bedroom floor (trust me. I know that's a terrible image to have. I hated the very thought of it). But, apparently, she has forgotten that she "knows how" to do that and has yet to climb out of her crib again. I don't get it, either!

But...with our new baby girl arriving in 4.5 short months, I think it might be time to adjust Rylie to a big-girl bed. Her crib converts to a full size bed. But then we would have to buy a new crib and would like one to match the changing table that we already have (which would mean that we would have to buy a very similar crib...and that just seems like too much of the same thing, you know?!). So, we are on the look-out for a twin size bedroom set (bed, night stand and 5 drawer dresser...if you know of anyone selling one) for Rylie. The new baby will use Rylie's crib and changing table. Rylie will use the twin for a few years. And then when it's time for our youngest to move to a big-girl bed, she will use the twin and we will then convert the crib to a full size bed for Rylie. Yeah...I've been doing some thinking and planning on this one!!! :) But I think it will work out great! I think I'm looking for something like this:

Without the $1200 price tag...minus the dresser and mirror piece. :)

I still don't know what colors we will do her room in...but I like the white furniture. I think it looks fresh and clean and brightens up the room. :)

I can't believe my baby will soon be sleeping in a regular bed.

Excuse me while I go curl up in the corner of her bedroom floor and cry myself to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Love your ideas! I will try to keep a look out for ya. I can't believe you are already half way through your pregnancy. I can't wait to see what you come up with for your new baby girl's room.

    ReplyDelete