Monday, March 14, 2011

The Bachelor.

As much as it hurts to admit this...

I am a "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" fan! I even watched the Bachelor Pad. Sick. I know.

Actually...there are a few different shows that I try to follow: The Bachelor/Bachelorette, One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters...

I usually try to watch the full episodes online, after Rylie goes to bed. I guess you can say that's my..."me time." I enjoy watching TV. And movies. And apparently, I enjoy using air quotes, too. :) And making smiley faces. And using italicized words.

Anyway...

Tonight is The Bachelor's season finale and I'm stoked!

Did I REALLY just use the word, stoked?! Yes. Yes, I did. :)

Ahem.

I remember watching Brad's first "bachelor" experience and the ending left me...frustrated!!! It was he who almost turned me away from ever watching the show again. I couldn't believe that I had wasted so many Monday nights in front of the TV. I couldn't believe that he did that to us. And I remember telling Brian how cheated and played I felt as a viewer. I was mad.

But guess what? Now that I'm much older and wiser (he, he)...I applaud him! What a courageous thing to do. He took so much heat and was viewed as the "bad guy" for years! But for what? Following his heart?! Not getting caught in the moment and too wrapped up in the fantasy of the show?! Not making a decision that he already knew would have ultimately ended in further heartache and possibly even divorce?! I'm sure that decision was not easy on him. And I can honestly say that I have truly enjoyed watching him again. Now...his over-usage of the words "please" and "will you" have become a bit annoying. But for the most part...I feel that he's genuinely a sweet guy.

Now...on to the finale. I predict that he chose Chantal. And for you Emily fans...know that I, too, adored her! I thought she was super sweet. And obviously, she's a beautiful girl with perfect legs, right?! But in my opinion (I already KNOW that I shouldn't have an opinion about someone else's relationship...but the show sucks you in like that and makes you believe that you are entitled to an opinion about who they should pick...when you're clearly NOT)...I think he was more infatuated with her looks than anything else. He always seemed a bit awkward around her. But seemed much more relaxed around Chantal. The previews have me guessing...and I can't wait to watch it tonight!

Wow...I can't believe I wrote this much about The Bachelor!!!! Sorry. I commend you if you made it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment