Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 14 weeks.

Today...I am 14 weeks pregnant. Which means I have officially entered my second trimester. Thankfully, my energy was restored a few weeks ago. And although I definitely still feel sick from time to time, I am starting to feel much better. I still get heartburn daily but I don't see that going away anytime soon.

I'm actually surprised at how fast my first trimester flew by. I'm sure having a two year old running around the house has helped with that. A lot of my time and energy is spent focusing on her...as it should be! We've been talking to her about getting a new little brother or sister for a few weeks now. Of course, she doesn't really grasp how much her life is going to change and what is truly going on. But she does seem pretty excited!! I always thought that a second pregnancy would make me feel a bit guilty. I feared that Rylie would feel left out and jealous. But fortunately, I haven't been feeling that way! I do know that Rylie will inevitably get jealous when we first bring "new baby" home. But those feelings are normal and once she gets used to the baby not going anywhere...I know that she will start to enjoy him/her being around.

I'm still able to comfortably wear regular clothes. But my body is quickly changing. And it's changing quite differently than the first time around. My skin has "been there. done that." It's almost as if it "knows the drill" and is preparing a tad too early. :) I think I've gained a total of 3-5 pounds so far (I gained 40 pounds with Rylie...so I'm expecting that again). But it's funny to look back on pictures during my first pregnancy and realize just how different I looked. I retained a lot of water and looked quite swollen during my last trimester. My face got super round and my nose seemed to double in size. I'm sure I'll look the same this time around, as well.

Brian and I basically outgrew our first home the day that we brought Rylie home from the hospital. So, in preparation for another child, we put our house on the market several months ago. No realtors (no offense...this was strictly a money-saving decision...and we had the time to be patient). No pressure. No stress. Little marketing. We put a sign in our yard and said, "if it sells, great! If not, no worries!" And then we prayed and trusted that whatever was supposed to happen, would. And we close on the sell of this home next Tuesday!! So far, this process has been extremely streamlined and smooth. I'm sure that having no pressure and no time constraints has helped with that. But I couldn't be happier with the way things are turning out. And it gets better. Our buyers are renting an apartment and their lease is not up until the end of May. So, we are going to turn around and rent "our house" from them until then. Which gives us a few months to build again. But...I will literally be 8-9 months pregnant during our move. Yikes! Now, if this was my first pregnancy, I would totally be freaked out! Although I hope to have everything in order before the new baby arrives, I'm not going to stress if it isn't. I'm just going to heavily rely and trust that our families will "come to the rescue in our time of need!"

Be prepared, family. Be prepared. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so amazing! Praise the Lord! I can't wait to see your new place once it gets built. I'm sure it will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete