Thursday, January 13, 2011

And so it begins...

If you haven't already read my earlier post...this will be a slight spoiler for you. But...

I. AM. PREGNANT!

12 weeks, to be exact. :)

Brian and I figured we would start trying for a second child when Rylie turned two. And much to our surprise, two months after her second birthday, I took a home pregnancy test and learned that I was expecting. But this second time around has been so very different. I had morning sickness with Rylie that lasted until the end of my first trimester. However, I only really felt sick in the evenings. This time, I've been feeling sick all day, every day! I never had any heartburn during my pregnancy with Rylie but I'm definitely making up for that now. Oh! and I have absolutely no energy and I constantly feel tired. Yet again, I never felt this way with Rylie...so I have to keep reminding my husband that it truly is a pregnancy thing and not just me becoming LAZY! I've been praying that all of this goes away after my first trimester (2 more weeks...yippee!). But I can't help but think of those who "suffer" with these symptoms throughout their entire nine months!!! Of course...we all know and trust that the end result is completely worth it. But trust me...noboby wants to feel like this for nine straight months. NOBODY!! :)

Because both pregnancies have been so different...a lot of people have been predicting that I am having a little boy. And until Monday, I kind of agreed. But...my official prediction is a little girl. And I must go on record and say that if it turns out to be a boy...I will not be even the slightest bit disappointed. We'll gladly accept what we get.

My first doctor's appointment was this past Monday, January 10th. I'm seeing the same doctor who delivered Rylie. Brian went with me, again (I truly am thankful for my husband). I had an ultrasound and was completely shocked at how visible our little baby is already. There was a head. And arms. And legs (kind of). And oh! the pounding heart was just as precious as I remember!!!! The baby's heart rate was 161 (which is very close to what Rylie's always was). My official due date is July 28th. And I can't help but notice how attached I already feel to this baby!!

2011 will definitely be a year of change for us!!! But we can't be any more thrilled and excited.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! I finally got time to read your blog...and YAY!!!!!!! So when is he(my prediction) due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I just read your due date.. DUH sorry!! but YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH!! So happy for you!

    You are kind of scaring me though with pregnancy. Ha! Whenever we decide to start a family I'll be looking to you for advice. :)

    ReplyDelete