Friday, April 30, 2010

Obsessed? Maybe.

I have never been much of a "garage-sale" shopper. However, this weekend is our city-wide garage sale and I have been looking forward to it all week. I plan on going out and about early tomorrow morning with a dear friend. But...the signs were just calling my name this morning and I found myself an hour "late" for work. I only got out of my vehicle once. And didn't buy one thing. But...I may be a little addicted already.

Garage-sale "experts" (both shoppers and sellers) are unique. And it seems as though they are all alike. I realize that is very stereotypical ...but this is all in fun. :) I was told that men are the first to arrive and they have just two things on their minds...fishing equipment and tools. I was blown away at how many vehicles I passed that I could tell were doing the exact same thing I was doing...making themselves late for work just so they could get the first pick on this rainy Friday morning! We slowly drove past each house that we could tell was in the making of a garage sale...scoping out our specific needs. And once we realized they didn't have what we were looking for, we quickly drove off, following the signs to yet another garage sale in the making. However, if we spotted something of interest...we quickly parked and rushed to make sure it wasn't bought from right under us. I, unfortunately, was unable to find exactly what I was looking for. But...there is always tomorrow! And if you're wondering...I'm specifically looking for outside toys for Rylie. Daddy isn't pleased because he thinks that I am going to "clutter" up our backyard. But I kindly remind him that we have a child now...and it's okay if our backyard looks like Toys-R-Us. :) This age will pass quickly and I'm sure that in, what will feel like a blink of an eye, we will be one of the couples attempting to organize our very own garage sale!

Wish me luck tomorrow. Hopefully before Rylie even wakes up for the day...she has a few "new" toys to play with. :)

Oh boy, I am obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment