Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tis' the Season

For the last several years, our Holidays have been spent traveling. And although we enjoyed our time spent with family very much and they were extremely accomodating to our needs, living out of suitcases and bags for nearly two weeks, with Griffey and a two month old baby in tow, was not pleasant! Not to mention, we made our way from family to family to family. I vividly remember pulling into Tony and Ruby's drive-way shortly after midnight last Christmas Eve. And that was after driving three hours to spend a few days with my dad, driving two hours to spend a few days with my mom, driving an hour to spend time with extended family members, and then driving another two hours to eastern Kansas for a few days. Thankfully, Santa was still able to find us. But nevertheless, our goal for this year was to cut down on some of our time spent away from our home during the Holidays. And actually, it's working out quite nicely! Kris, Sky and Robert will be arriving shortly after I get home from work today and will stay until late tomorrow evening. The weekend before Christmas...my mom, Mark, Dani and her family will be joining us to celebrate. We will make a one-stop trip to easter Kansas for Christmas and a one-stop trip to central Kansas for New Year's.

WOW...when I put our plans in writing, it still seems like a lot, lol. But although it may be a bit busy, the traveling is most definitely worth it!!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. So I would like to end with a few things that I'm thankful for this year.

I'm thankful for my...

  • new relationship with God
  • wonderful husband
  • beautiful daughter
  • family's health and wellbeing
  • FAMILY, who I will miss dearly tomorrow and think of often
  • job
  • church
  • friends

and...

  • apple cider...after 26 years, I finally discovered that I have a love for the taste of apple cider made fresh with whole cloves, red hots, and cinnamon sticks...how festive!

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a goodnight. Wait...that's Christmas. :)

Speaking of Christmas, I'm decorating for it on Friday. I can not wait to see what Rylie does. Pictures coming soon!

Okay...I really have to go. My house needs some attention and our guests will be arriving soon...very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment